The difficult ones.

I know it's hard.
It's hard to like the difficult ones.

Their minds and eyes wander from the page.
Accidentally, of course.
Like glitter slime in a colander

their


minds



avoid




capture





by escaping through the holes.

A picture on the wall.
The actions of another child.
Anything. Anything except the words on the page.
The number problems hidden in sentences.
Se quenc ing

Their day is a rebellious day.
Red like a warning light.

red

Red

RED

Sometimes yellow.

Rarely green.


I know it's easy.
It's effortless to like the easy ones.

The ones that can focus. Like lasers.
Minds and eyes remain on the page.
Little to no back talking to be found.
Instructions almost always followed.

They

are

on

point.

It is easier to laugh when they make a mistake.
Smiles are more plentiful, as are chances.

Their day is a green day.
Green like a summer day.

green

Green

GREEN

Sometimes yellow.

Rarely red.


I know.

I know it is hard

to like a difficult child.

But I love my difficult child.
As fiercely as I love my easy child.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Repairing the dust cover on your furniture or box spring bed.

Modo dictu

Zen and the art of Drexel maintenance.